Pulao is a rice dish that usually involves cooking rice with several spices and vegetables to give a flavourful and fragrant dish. While having its roots in the Middle East, and Iran, Pulao has a ton of variations today. From Vegetable Pulao, Kabuli Pulao, Pudina Pulao, Kashmiri Pulao, Chicken Pulao etc. When it comes to non-vegetarian versions, Prawn pulao is extremely popular and known for its deliciousness.
Prawn Pulao is a hearty one-pot dish that infuses the texture and taste of prawns with rice and fragrant spices to give a wholesome meal. Prawn Pulao makes for the perfect lunch or dinner dish if you want to make something special or have guests over. In this Prawn Pulao recipe, we will use Sunrise Shahi Garam Masala, a rich Shahi Garam Masala product that will enhance every part of the dish with ease and Sunrise Pure Red Chilli powder, a high quality, hot red chilli powder that will instantly give you the required heat you need to perfect this dish!
Follow this simple Prawn pulao recipe here:
- Time: 1hr 15 mins
- Serves 2
- 2 tsp Sunrise Shahi Garam Masala
- 2 cup Tiger prawns
- 2 ½ basmati Rice
- Chopped tomato
- Chopped Onions
- Chopped Chillies
- Chopped Garlic
- Chopped Ginger
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp Grated coconut
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- Whole Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- In a pan heat oil and fry bay leaves, chopped ginger, garlic, onion and fry till onions turn pink
- Then add chopped tomatoes and fry till they reduce in size
- Now add spices like red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, Shahi garam masala and mix
- Shell the Tiger prawns and add them to the pan
- Cook them for 3-5 minutes before adding pre-boiled rice (with whole garam masala)
- Mix this masala evenly with the rice on a medium flame and finish with some grated coconut
- Your delicious Prawn Pulao is complete!
Some important points to note
- Prepare rice a little in advance so that you can easily mix it with the masala
- Using a bigger Kadhai or vessel to mix the rice and masala will be more convenient
- Make sure to keep the heat on low or medium while mixing to avoid burning or sticking of rice
- Do not hurry to mix rice and wait patiently while the Tiger Prawns cook and absorb the spices!